PRINCE2 stands for...
PRINCE2 stands for “PRojects IN Controlled Environments 2nd version.” PRINCE2 is the world’s most recognized project management qualification.
The history of PRINCE2
- 1975: PROMPT (a project management method) is created by Simpact Systems, UK.
- 1979: The UK government adopts PROMPT for use in its’ own administration.
- 1989: The UK Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency (CCTA) revises PROMPT and creates the PRINCE method.
- 1996: PRINCE2 is created as a generic project management method for use outside of software development.
- 2013: AXELOS is formed as a joint venture between the UK Cabinet Office and Capita plc. Ownership of PRINCE2 is transferred to AXELOS.
- 2017: PRINCE2 is updated to conform to more modern project management practices.
PRINCE2 has 2 levels of certification:
- PRINCE2 Foundation level
The PRINCE2 Foundation exam will test you on your ability to work as an informed member of a PRINCE2 project development team.
- PRINCE2 Practitioner level
The PRINCE2 Practitioner exam will test you on your ability to apply the PRINCE2 method to projects.
Over 2 million PRINCE2 exams have been sat since 1996.
PRINCE2 is a recognized project management certification in over 150 countries worldwide.
PRINCE2 exams are available in the following languages: