This course combines a self-study PRINCE2 Foundation online course with a PRINCE2 Practitioner virtual classroom course.
- Learn the basics with an online, self-study course before tackling more advanced PRINCE2 with the help of an accredited PRINCE2 trainer.
- Learn to apply PRINCE2 methods to the successful management of simple projects.
- Learn how to apply PRINCE2 methods and principles to your project.
This course comes with a self-study PRINCE2 Foundation course, and virtual PRINCE2 course. And, you get both PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams.
PRINCE2 Foundation learning outcomes
- Learn to act as an informed member of a project management team using PRINCE2.
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2.
- Understand how the principles underpin the PRINCE2 method.
- Understand how PRINCE2 themes and processes are applied during a project.
PRINCE2 Practitioner learning outcomes
- With suitable direction, start applying PRINCE2 on real projects.
- Apply the PRINCE2 principles in context.
- Apply (and tailor) relevant aspects of the PRINCE2 themes and processes in context.
PRINCE2 Foundation exam
- Certification: PRINCE2 Foundation.
- Accreditation: PeopleCert (on behalf of AXELOS).
- Prerequisites: None.
- Format: Online or paper.
- Duration: 1 hour.
- Style: Closed-book.
PRINCE2 Practitioner Exam
- Qualification: PRINCE2 Practitioner.
- Accreditation: PeopleCert (on behalf of AXELOS).
- Prerequisites: see FAQ below.
- Format: Online or paper.
- Duration: 2.5 hours.
- Style: Open-book.
Who is it for?
Is this course right for me?
This course allows you to take your time and learn the basics with a self-study PRINCE2 Foundation online training course before studying the application of PRINCE2 in a virtual classroom with the help of an accredited PRINCE2 instructor.
You should take this course if:
- You are supporting, managing, or directing projects, or are a Senior Responsible Owner (SRO) on a programme.
- You want to improve your CV with an accredited project management qualification.
- You work in a PRINCE2 environment and want to learn how to apply PRINCE2 to the successful management of projects.
- You prefer a mixture of online self-study and face-to-face classroom learning.
3 customer reviews
Rahielah Hussain, Disruptive Vision Ltd
Daniel Morgan: How PRINCE2 helped me get the job.
How do self-study online courses work?
Taking a self-study course is easy. You just need a computer, internet access, and audio. You don’t even need to install any software or plugin because the online courses are designed with the latest web technologies, so they work on any modern browser.
You can even study on the go because our online courses work on mobile or tablet too. So, you can study on any platform – Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android.
What are the benefits of self-study online courses?
There are many benefits of self-studying online for your PRINCE2 using a Knowledge Train course including:
- You don’t need to travel anywhere to attend a course.
- There are no overnight hotel fees to pay, so you save money.
- You can stop and pick up the course again any time within 12 months.
- You can study in your own time – there’s no waiting for other students in a classroom.
- You have highly interactive course materials designed using the best practices in instructional design by experienced designers working alongside subject matter experts.
- You don’t get boring videos of a trainer reading from PowerPoint slides.
How do virtual classes work?
Virtual classes give you access to professional PRINCE2 instructors through your home computer or mobile device. They're a great learning alternative for those who want to train with the help of a PRINCE2 instructor.
Virtual PRINCE2 courses are accessed through your web browser. You will be given a login after choosing your course date. No additional software is required, but you need a webcam, audio and stable internet connection.
PRINCE2 virtual courses allow you to see and chat with instructors and classmates in real-time via live video feed. In addition, the virtual classes come with handy tools to help you learn. You can share notes, record classes and take quick quizzes provided by instructors.
As a student you receive pre-course reading material to familiarize yourself with the topics covered in class. You also receive homework to help you revise for your exam.
Our virtual classes provide all the benefits of distance education combined with an interactive, social learning environment.
Is PRINCE2 the best project management certification?
PRINCE2 is the most widely recognized project management qualification on the market today. PRINCE2 is officially endorsed by the UK government and used extensively in both public and private sectors.
PRINCE2 is an industry standard and is also recognized as the benchmark for capability within the project management industry.
While there are many project management qualifications to choose from, few offer the flexibility and practicality of PRINCE2.
PRINCE2 can be used in combination with other project management methodologies including agile project management and lean agile project management, making it a great knowledge base from which to build your project management career.
What is included in the PRINCE2 course cost?
The cost of every PRINCE2 course includes:
- Access to world-class PRINCE2 online training.
- PRINCE2 final examination (relative to course).
- PRINCE2 practice exams (relative to course).
The price of our courses also includes administrative fees and external invigilation of exams by PeopleCert.
What are the prerequisites for the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam?
Before sitting the PRINCE2 Practitioner exam you must already have one of the following qualifications:
- PRINCE2 Foundation (or higher) - this only applies to certificates obtained after 1 January 2009
- Project Management Qualification (PMQ) from the Association for Project Management (APM)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- IPMA Level A® (Certified Projects Director)
- IPMA Level B® (Certified Senior Project Manager)
- IPMA Level C® (Certified Project Manager)
- IPMA Level D® (Certified Project Management Associate).
What is the history of PRINCE2?
PRINCE (meaning ‘PRojects IN Controlled Environments’) is a project management methodology derived from an earlier method called PROMPT II (Project Resource Organisation Management Planning Techniques).
In 1989, PRINCE was adopted by the Central Computer and Telecommunications Agency (CCTA) as a UK government standard for project management on IT projects.
In 1996, PRINCE2 was revised as the 2nd version and became known as PRINCE2. This was a generic project management method to be used on any type of project. Since 1996, PRINCE2 has become widely used across the world by governments and corporations. It is used by the United Nations Development Programme.
Since 1996 PRINCE2 has undergone several revisions. It was revised in 2009 under the auspices of the Office of Government Commerce (OGC) which is when it moved away from an essay-based Practitioner exam to a multiple-choice exam.
In 2014, AXELOS was formed as a joint venture between the Cabinet Office and Capita plc. AXELOS took over responsibility for the maintenance and development of PRINCE2. Under the leadership of AXELOS, PRINCE2 was revised again in 2017 to incorporate more guidance on tailoring of the method. This latest revision is also known as PRINCE2 6th edition.
In 2018, PeopleCert was chosen by AXELOS as the sole EI (Examination Institute) for delivery of PRINCE2 Accreditation and Examination services worldwide.
Knowledge Train is one of many PRINCE2 Accredited Training Organizations (ATOs) which are accredited worldwide by PeopleCert to provide accredited PRINCE2 training and examinations to students.